I have temporarily shelved shoe making until I get a some clay for heels - I seem to be out. I found that the flat shoe looked much too much like a doll shoe & was not very flattering on her foot.
And my iron needs to be replaced. It flooded the entire ironing board & floor around it today. Pressing is such a critical part of sewing that one cannot do without it. I was just about to start on the corset style bodice. No sewing until I get a new one so definitely a high-priority! Shopping trip to be scheduled in first thing next week!
On the bright side, I was able to finish the multi-layer skirt for Yur just before I noticed the puddle. This will be her first real outfit. The skirt is made of aubergine chiffon's & black georgette. Each tier is a cut differently & at varying lengths. At least now I have some needle work to do in the evenings.
I am just planning out the beadwork for each layer. I think that I will also incorporate a sequin mix which are much lighter than beads & won't weight it down.